Early Warning Symptoms
Oesophageal Cancer is a treatable condition if caught early enough. The danger is that it often starts with everyday digestive complaints that can be passed off as temporary inconveniences.
If one or more of these symptoms persist contact your GP.
- Frequent and persistent hiccups
- Constant burping/belching/coughing
- Acid indigestion/heartburn/reflux
- Difficulty swallowing (solids/meats at first, then softer foods/liquids)
- Weight loss
- Unexplained tiredness
- Discomfort in the throat or back
- Discomfort between the breast bone and shoulder
- A lump in the neck or hoarseness in the voice (rare).